Tuesday, May 7, 2013

With a little help from family and friends

SOFIA blooming 21 April 2013
Swedens 1st Auricula Weekend will go ahead at Hallagården in Lekhyttan www.hallagarden.nu this week-end.
I regret that I’m not able to attend due to illness, but with the help from family and friends we have now put together , we hope, some interesting displays; an Auricula Theatre, a small collection of Primula Auricula for sale and other plant enthusiasts who will show/ and sell their plants at different stalls etc.
It will not be on the scale that I envisaged when I planned this week end, but the spring has worked against us this year, with the extreme cold weather and very late spring most auricula growers in Sweden have found it tough. I have been in contact with a few Swedish Auricula Collectors, but they too do not have enough auriculas to show as yet and their auriculas have only just  started to grow and do not look at their best at the moment and they are not able to attend.
Despite all this negative information I hope that you will have an interesting day at Hallagården. I wish I could be there to talk to you about my Primula Auricula. But I have to listen to my doctor to take it easy and I have regretfully had to cancel all my personal commitments for this year.
I hope that you also have a good look around at Hallagården itself, with all the different angora rabbits, homespun wool, Coffee shop, exhibitions, etc. Hallagården is the one of the only places where you can find a small collection of my Primula Auricula for sale, from this weekend until August during 2013. For more information, opening times etc. see their website: www.hallagarden.nu
Do not forget that you can join our Auricula Club
-
Sweden’s Auricula Club: http://swedensauriculaclub.blogspot.se/ .
As a member you are always welcome to write to me with any questions you have with regard to the plant Primula Auricula.
My best regards to you all/ Ray

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to be a new member, swedens auricula club.

    ReplyDelete